Stand Firm With the Oak pt 1 (pray at all times) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- God has given us Armor for our battles. The first thing we must do when facing any problem is to go the God in prayer and ask Him to help us. Believing God will answer our prayer is the most important part of praying. There is a special way with must pray. Joshua Jackrabbit needs one more piece of Armor. As you go through these lessons, have the children watching out for something that is missing! They will need to add that to Joshua's armor and color it in. (Answer: The Shield of Faith)
- Talk with the children:
- God wants you to pray at all times. Pray for Him to help you. Pray for Him to bless you. Pray for the good of others. When you pray, you will feel His closeness. Thank Him for loving you and wanting you to stay near to Him. He is with you in every battle. He will keep you safe.
- Teach the children:
- God has given us His Holy Spirit, to live in side us and give power to our prayers. We ned to pray believing God will do what He says He will do. We pray to ask God to forgive us and help us to be more like Jesus. We can pray at meal times and ask for God's blessings. He hears us when we tell Him about our needs and ask Him to comfort and care for us. He wants us to pray with grateful hearts and thank Him too! God will teach us how to listen for the answers to our prayers when we read the Bible. God is always waiting for us to come and talk to Him. He is always listening and He cares about what you have to say. We can hold onto Jesus by learning everything He came to earth to teach us.
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
- Stand Firm With the Oak pt 1
- Joshua Jack Rabbit and Liam Leapfrog are ready for battle. They are doing what is most important to help them win any battle. They are praying for God to help them. They need help and they want to see what God will do for them! Look at the picture closely and see if you know what Joshua needs with his prayer. Next week you will be able so see when we look at all the armor God has asked him to wear.
- Repeat today's Bible verses.
- Sometimes we face battles. Maybe we are sick and our battle is to get well. Sometimes we are tempted to do wrong and we need help from God to do the right thing. Our first step to win any battle is to pray. We need to remember our help comes from the Lord.
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures, word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current weeks' teachings.
Pass out the coloring pages.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of them through the week.
Daily Trail Blazer Devotions for kids