New Attitude - Hiking With
A Partner (Attitude changing power) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to
the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Read the Bible Verse for the day!
The Bible Says:
- "So, I say, live by the Holy Spirit's
power. Then you will not do what your sinful nature wants you
to do." Galatians 5:16
- God can help us to have good attitudes. Teach
the children to ask God for help when they find themselves having
- (Speak with the children)
- Do you ever feel grouchy, lazy, hateful,
mean, or just want to act ugly? Those are bad attitudes. God
wants you to change those bad feelings into better ones. Jesus
has the good ones and they are described as, "Fruits
of His Spirit" in the Bible. You might have learned
to ask yourself, "What Would Jesus Do?" Gramma Cherbear
would like you to also ask, "How Would Jesus Act?"
- (Teach the children)
- "But the fruit the Holy Spirit produces
is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It
is being faithful and gentle and having control of oneself."
- When tempted to act badly, we can let the
Holy Spirit be our Hiking Partner and remember that God wants
us to act like Jesus. He will be able to bless us if we do.
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
- New Attitude - Hiking With
- This beautiful winter morning in the Kid
Cave Forest was suppose to be full of fun! The Critters acted
with bad attitudes and Emmi Squirrel was hurt in the scuffle!
Everyone is sad for Emmi. They are sorry they did not use the
New Attitudes they have because they belong to God. They could
have chosen not to get mad, or ugly. They would still be having
fun if they would have acted in kindness and love. They needed
the Holy Spirit to be their Hiking Partner!
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures,
word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current
Make Origami Dolls as shown at Enchanted Learning. I used straws with a bend, taped to the back of the doll to make the puppet easy to play with. Have the children give the dolls different attitudes.
Repeat today's Bible verse.
Pass out the coloring pages.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents
and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of
them through the week.
- Daily Trail Blazer Devotions for kids and pre teens
- Weekday devotions to go with this week's lesson!
- 1. Holy Spirit Power
- 2. Match Up Your Attitudes
- 3. New Thinking
- 4. Holy Spirit Freedom
- 5. We Are His Temples
Bonus Devotion for the Teacher
- We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
- What is a Vision? Can God give us a Vision? Come back next week and we'll check it out!
- Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.