New Beginnings - Rise and Shine (New mercies everyday) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to
the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Read the Bible Verse for the day!
- The Bible Says:
- "His great love is new every morning.
Lord, how faithful you are!" Lamentations 3:23
- We do not always do what is right. We are
not always on our best behavior. God sent Jesus to show us God's
mercy and forgiveness. Teach the children to turn to God and
ask forgiveness as they try to do better. God gives us a new
beginning each day.
- (Speak with the children)
- Yesterday might have been a very good day
for you. Maybe you were the best you know how to be. Or, yesterday
might have been a not so good day. You might remember you did
some things or said some things that were not so good. God has
a wonderful blessing for you! He says that He will give you a
New Beginning with each new day. You can rise, ask Jesus to help
you have a good day, and shine!
- (Teach the children)
- If you shine a light for Jesus, it means
that you will show others how wonderful it is to know Him. When
we ask God to forgive our bad days, He is faithful to forgive
us. He can help us with every new day. His love is always the
same. He wants you to choose to have good days. Ask God to use
you to help others and to please Him. That is always the best
way to start your day!
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
- New Beginnings - Rise and Shine
- Gramma Cherbear brings fresh juice to her
Critters every morning. It is not always easy for them to start
a new day. They need a burst of loving kindness to get them going.
With the help of some tender loving care, they will soon be able
to rise and shine to meet the new day.
- Repeat today's Bible verse.
- If our first thoughts in the morning are
of how much God loves us, then we will be able to look at the
new day with joy in our hearts. Each morning when we awake, we
can know that God's love never changes and each new morning,
He gives us a New Beginning!
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures,
word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current
Pass out the coloring pages.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents
and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of
them through the week.
Daily Trail Blazer Devotions for kids and pre teens
Weekday devotions to go with this week's lesson!
1. New Love
2. Showing Mercy
3. Good Fruits Wisdom
4. Rich and Free Grace
5. His Strength
Bonus Devotion for the Teacher
- We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
- Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.