Self Control - "this way and that
way" (be steady for God) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to
the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Read the Bible Verse for the day!
- The Bible Says:
- "He wants all of you to learn to control
your own bodies. You must live in a way that is holy.
- You must live with honor." 1 Thessalonians
- Teach the Children that God expects us to
control our feelings. He knows this will be hard for us sometimes
and something we have to learn. When the Holy Spirit lives in
us because we know Jesus, He will help us with self control.
- (Speak with the children)
- God is a Holy God. Perfect in every way.
Jesus is God's perfect Son. God tells you in His Word, He wants
you to grow up to be like Jesus. God gives you a choice about
what you will do and how you will do it. It is not always easy
to choose to do what is right. Sometimes you make a choice that
is wrong. Wrong choices can hurt you and others, and God.
- (Teach the children)
- We all choose to do wrong things. The Bible
says, "Everyone has sinned. No one measures up to God's
glory." Romans. 3:23 This is why we need Jesus to be our
Savior.Those who know Jesus can call on Him to help them live
by the fruits of His Holy Spirit. One of these fruits helps us
control our actions to do what is right in the eyes of God. This
gift is called "self control."
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
- Self Control - "this way and that
- The mountains in the Kid Cave Forest are
great for skiing. Emmi Squirrel says they must glide "this
way and that way," to keep from going too fast. Controlling
how fast they go, will keep them safe. It takes a lot of practice.
The Critters have learned to control their skis. This ride down
the mountain will be fun and free from bad falls.
- Repeat today's Bible verse.
- When Jesus lives in our hearts, He causes
us to want to do what is best for us and others. Every time we
practice doing what is right, we are learning how to use our
gift. Then we will not fall away from God. The Holy Spirit will
help us to do what is right. When we hear Him and obey what He
says, we are using our gift of "self control."
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures,
word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current
Pass out the coloring pages.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents
and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of
them through the week.
- Daily Trail Blazer
- Weekday devotions to go with this week's lesson!
- 1. Live With Honor
2. Wisdom in Control
3. Uncontrolled Nature
4. Belong to Christ
5. Spiritual Death
- We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
- What does it mean to be faithful? If God
is faithful to us, should we be faithful to Him? Come back and
I will explain!
- Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.
These Links for the Children
All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherbear