Balancing on a Log! (Christ centered living) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Teach the children to put God first and center their lives around Christ. This brings blessings and we become children of God.
- (God Commands)
- Who should be more important to you? The person that made the touchdown, wrote the song, drew the picture, or the one who died to save you so you can live forever in heaven? No Contest! It's OK to shout for Jesus easier than you shout for the winning team.
- God says He has to be our only God. We already know that He is the only true God. But sometimes we worship people in the world, like a sports hero, a music star, an actor or even a cartoon character. God wants to have our undivided attention. God must always receive the best of your worship and praise. When you live with an attitude of gratitude to God, you will be blessed!
- (Blessed Are You!)
- Our God is an Awesome God. We can be close to Him when we accept the gift of His Son. Jesus suffered, died and was separated from Father God because of our sins. Three days after His terrible death on the cross, Jesus was raised from the dead. This is the day we celebrate on Easter. He is with His Father in heaven. Jesus sends His Holy Spirit to live in our hearts when we ask Him to. We need to tell Jesus we love him today! Jesus is our very best friend. We must turn to Him first. He says that when we admit that we are wrong and agree that God is right, we will see the kingdom of heaven. God owns the earth and everything in it. He created everything. He says if we follow Jesus, He will share it with us!
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson - pass out the coloring page)
- Balancing on a Log!
Cami Cub thought she could take a short cut to get across the river. Balancing on a log is not the easiest thing for a bear cub to do! Liam leapfrog followed her. Just as he thought, she was in trouble. He will calm her fears and lead her back to the safety of the bridge. Cami will never leave the safe path again. She had been told the right way to go, but she did not listen.
- Repeat today's Bible verse.
Sometimes we forget to put God first. Just like Cami Cub, we do not listen. That is when we get into trouble. We need friends to help us get back on the right path.
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures, word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current weeks' teachings.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of them through the week.
We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
Next week we will see what happens when we turn our love in the wrong directions. When we love what God hates it can go very bad for us. See you then?
Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.