Only One Conductor (We must let God be our Leader) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- "Blessed are those whose hearts are pure. They will see God." Matthew 5:8
- God says He wants to be our Master and we cannot put anyone or anything ahead of Him. Jesus is God. He is our Lord and we must let Him be the boss. He wants our hearts clean so He can show His love and blessings to us.
- (God Commands)
Does "Mr. Want" live at your house? "Mr. Want" is not a very good house guest. God prefers that you invite "Mr. Need" into your home. Wanting things can cause you trouble. Ask God to show you if you are putting the things in the world before Him. God wants to be your One and Only Conductor.
There are many ways we might make things more important to us than God. Our 'wanter' gets in our way. When we want to have things more than we want to serve God, we can get into trouble. God is a jealous God. He won't take second place in our hearts. He has told us that if we seek Him first, He will take care of 'Mr. Need'.
- (Blessed Are You!)
- A pure heart is a heart that is turned to God. If we are not looking at Jesus, we cannot see God. Being pure in our heart means that we see like Jesus sees. We hear what He is telling us without trying to please our 'wanter'. A pure heart loves what God loves! God loves all people and wants them to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Jesus says we will be blessed if we care about God's 'wanter' more than our own. When we love God and others with a pure heart, God will show Himself to us in many ways!
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson - pass out the coloring page)
- Only One Conductor
The Critters are practicing before the Kid Cave Forest Spring Festival. Liam Leapfrog is the Conductor. He is the leader of the band! He is the one who shows the band the right way to play the music. The Critters will watch their conductor. The Critters are learning how to watch closely and follow their leader. The music they play at the Festival will sound sweet to all the creatures in the forest.
- Repeat today's Bible verse.
- We need to know the Leader of our band. Jesus is our only Conductor! His Holy Spirit shows us how to live sweetly before God!
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures, word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current weeks' teachings.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of them through the week.
We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
How can we misuse God's Holy Name? Next week we will find out. God wants us to respect Him. He deserves to be honored. He is God! Come back next week!
Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.