Swimming Upstream (Stand up for God) by Gramma Cherbear
©All copyrights ©1995-to date Cherlyn Clifton, www.cherbearsden.com
Greet new members and introduce them to the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Teach the children to be careful and respectful of God with their talk and actions. We need to help our friends do what is right and honor God in all we say and do, even when others do not.
- (God Commands)
- Have you ever been uncomfortable with the way some people talk? They use the words God, Lord, or Jesus Christ, as a slang word. They may even use God's name in curse words. Have you heard God called, "the man upstairs, father time or mother earth." This should make you stop and think about how we use these words. You know that God is Holy. You know that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save you. He gave His Holy Spirit to comfort and guide you. You will please God if you refuse to watch movies, listen to music or read books that dishonor Him. Tell others you cannot be around them if they misuse God's name. Stand up for God! He will help you!
- Another way we misuse God's name is to pray with unbelief. Prayers that do not come from a believing heart and selfish prayers from our "wanter" also hurt God. We must put Him first, others second and ourselves third. He is our Heavenly Father. He desires for us to love Him, trust Him and praise His Holy Name!
- (Blessed Are You!)
- Believing in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior sometimes means we do not fit in with the crowd. God will help us speak up for Him. Christians pray in the name of Jesus. Sometimes we bow our heads and bend our knees. We do this because we want to honor Him. It is OK to pray in many other ways. As we lift our hearts to God in prayer we will learn to know Him more. We can bless the name of Jesus!
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson - pass out the coloring page)
- Swimming Upstream
Liam Leapfrog needs help as he tries to swim upstream. Cami Cub is there to lend a helping hand. She knows how hard it is to go against the flow of the river in the Kid Cave Forest. If Liam grabs hold of the stick, Cami can pull him in the right direction! Liam is happy to have friends that can help Him go the right way and keep him safe from danger.
- Repeat today's Bible verse.
- God will always give us a helping hand when we choose to honor Him. He says we will be blessed when we come to Him in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ. He wants us to use the words God, Lord, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit with respect. This will honor Him.
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures, word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current weeks' teachings.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of them through the week.
We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
God made the world in six days and on the seventh day He rested. God created the world and prepared a kingdom for us. He knows we need to rest and worship Him. Come back next time and we will look at this "to do" commandment of God!
Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.