Receiving A Badge of Honor!
(Live with honor and peace)
by Gramma Cherbear
Greet new members and introduce them to
the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Read the Bible Verse for the day!
- The Bible Says:
- "Do not commit adultery." Deuteronomy
- "Blessed are those who make peace. They
will be called the sons of God." Matthew 5:9
- Jesus will help us fight against the temptation
to do wrong. When God is speaking to our hearts to do what is
right, we must listen and obey Him. We can live with honor and
be peace makers.
- (God Commands)
- Have you noticed that when you try to do
good all by yourself, it is very hard? God knew you would have
trouble with that. God says, come to Him in Jesus name. He will
help you, when you are tempted to do wrong, but do good instead.
Blessings come as you obey God. God knows what is good for you.
He knows what will cause you trouble.
The Bible says,
"...when you are tempted, God will give you a way out so
that you can stand up under it!
1 Corinthians 10:13
The dictionary says that to "adulterate"
something is "to make it impure or add something which does
When God brings a man and woman together in
marriage, it is His perfect will that they be together forever,
until one leaves this earth to live with Him. He created us to
be faithful in our commitments and loyal to each other. When
a person acts on their feelings and destroys a family God has
put together, He calls this adultery.
- (Blessed Are You!)
- Our hearts can remain pure when we love with
God's great love. When we put our trust in what God says is right
instead of how we feel, God calls us peace makers. We are blessed
when we do things His way. Living as God would have us live,
with loyalty to God and others, is our "Badge of Honor."
Being a peace maker will bring blessings to us! God will call
us His children. We must tell others that God gives us the power
to do what is right!
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
- Receiving A Badge of Honor!
- Gramma Cherbear and her Critters honor their
commitment to love each other forever, no matter what! They look
for the good in each other everyday. They remember to be careful
of each others feelings. It is important they put the needs of
others before their own. God helps them as they pray together
and He keeps the desires of their hearts pure and clean. God
gives them His Badge of Honor when they are faithful to each
- Repeat today's Bible verses.
- God can help us say "NO" to drugs,
to impure thoughts or actions, and to being disloyal. God will
correct wrong feelings if we ask Him. When we agree with God,
His wonderful peace and joy will return to our hearts. God's
"Badge of Honor" is also a "Badge of Courage."
He will give us the courage to choose to do what is good in His
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures,
word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current
weeks' teachings. We are using the Bible Shapes Activity Book
Pass out the coloring pages.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents
and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of
them through the week.
- Daily Trail Blazer Devotions for kids and pre teens
- Weekday devotions to go with this week's lesson!
- 1. Honor Destroyed
- 2. Honored Servant
- 3. Honesty Leads
- 4. Honor Among Friends
- 5. Good Living Hope
- We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
- Stealing is next on our list of God's "not
to do" Commandments. Come back next week! We will learn
being honest is always best!
- Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.
- Gramma Cherbear creates the illustrations in this
web site with hard work and a lot of prayer! So please!
Do not use her work without permission!
- © 1999 Cherbear
- Missionaries, Sunday School teachers, and Homeschoolers may write for permission to use my work in there