Campfire Tales & Fish Stories!
(Do not lie)
by Gramma Cherbear
Greet new members and introduce them to
the class and the Critters.
Open the class with a prayer.
- Read the Bible Verse for the day!
- The Bible Says:
- "Do not give false witness against your
neighbor." Deuteronomy 5:20
- "Blessed are those who suffer for doing
what is right. The kingdom of heaven belongs to them."
- Matthew 5:10
- Teach the children it is wrong to lie. It
is also lying when we stretch the truth by exaggeration.
- (God Commands)
- It is true, God does not want you telling
lies that will hurt other people. He knows telling any lie will
cause hurt for you as well! You should make sure you do not add
anything to the truth. You may think it makes you look special
to stretch the truth a bit, but it only makes you look bad. Telling
tall tales or lies to others, even in fun, could make your friends
not trust you or believe you even when you are telling the truth.
- God doesn't want us to lie to ourselves either.
He wants us to see the truth about what we do and think! That
is why He gave us the Bible as our guide book. Lies come in many
forms. There is the tiny lie that we think will not hurt. The
BIG lie that we have to keep adding to; Making up new things
to cover up the original lie can wear us down. We must be careful
when telling tales. Stretching the truth is also a lie in God's
eyes. God wants us to keep all our campfire tales and fish stories
truthful! Let the light of Jesus shine brightly!
- (Blessed Are You!)
- God gives us His truths in the Bible. He
tells us how to live good, obey Him, and how we can live in heaven
with Him forever. It can be hard to share Jesus with the world.
Sometimes when we share the truth with others they do not want
to hear it. We are obedient when we share His truths. We are
already blessed. We will see Him in heaven.
- (Let the Critters help teach the lesson)
- Campfire Tales & Fish Stories!
- The Critter's are having an evening of quiet
sharing around a campfire. Joshua Jackrabbit seems to be getting
a little carried away with his tale. Crossing his finger won't
help when the rest of the Critter's figure out He is stretching
the truth. He will no doubt get a scolding from Gramma Cherbear.
Joshua will learn to be more truthful when telling His campfire
tales and fish stories!
- Repeat today's Bible verses.
- When we lie about anything, we show others
that our word is no good. What we say, they cannot rely on to
be true. We cannot be trusted. All lies are sinful to God. If
we cannot think of something good and truthful to say...it is
best to say nothing at all!
Worship God with music.
Use crafts, games, puzzles, hidden pictures,
word search, mazes, and books to further emphasize the current
weeks' teachings. We are using the Bible Shapes Activity Book
Pass out the coloring pages.
Explain the daily devotions! Encourage the Kids to show these to their parents
and get help as they continue to learn how God takes care of
them through the week.
- Daily Trail Blazer Devotions for kids and pre teens
- Weekday devotions to go with this week's lesson!
- 1. Not a Friend
- 2. Way of Truth
- 3. Love Enough
- 4. Can God Hate?
- 5. Pleasing God
- We are so glad you came to Kids Church today! Announce next weeks lesson.
- Want what others have? Think everyone is
more blessed than you are? I think the last of the Ten Commandment
lessons will help you be content with what God has given YOU!
- Pass out the Daily Devotions to the children as they are dismissed.
- Gramma Cherbear creates the illustrations in this
web site with hard work and a lot of prayer! So please!
Do not use her work without permission!
- © 1999 Cherbear
- Missionaries, Sunday School teachers, and Homeschoolers may write for permission to use my work in there