The Bible Says:
- "Therefore put on the full
armor of God,
- so that when the day of evil comes,
- you may be able to stand your
- Ephesians 6:13a
Stand Firm with the Oak!
God gives you armor for every battle. He
wants you to be protected against harm, bad thoughts, and being
tempted to sin. God sends your help in many ways. Learn to watch
for and recognize when God is at work on your behalf. He may
do something BIG or it may just be something small that gives
you strength in times of temptation. He is always ready and waiting
to help you. He says to ask Him. He may bring your help from
others but He wants you to see Him do it!
- Ask Mom, Dad, your Sunday School
teacher, or maybe even your Grandma,
- to help you understand about all
of God's armor and His mighty power!
- They can go to the sixth chapter
of Ephesians and read about it too!
1. Belt of Truth - Knowing what God's Word says.
wearing the full armor of God!
2. Chest Armor of Godliness - Doing what God says is right.
3. Shoes of Peace - Telling others about God's peace.
4. Shield of Faith - Believing God will give you His mighty power.
5. Helmet of Salvation - Jesus Christ is living in your heart!
6. Sword of the Spirit - Learning God's Word guided by His Holy Spirit.
You can read this in Ephesians 6:14-17
- Joshua knows about the armor of God. He
has prayed to God and he knows
his help is on the way. Liam is a true friend and he will help
Joshua to fight the battle. God is sending a flock of birds to
help them win the war against the pesky varmints. Joshua and
Liam are very happy because they are God's Critters and they
know about His promise of protection. Look at the picture closely
and see if you know what Joshua needs with his prayer.
- The Bible teaches us about the special
armour God has for us to wear. It is not like any cloths you
can wear. It is spiritual armour and the Holy Spirit of God will
help you put it on. We cannot have Truth, Godliness, God's Peace,
Faith, Salvatioin or God's Holy Spirit until we ask Jesus to
forgive us of our sins and live in our heart. God will help us
become more like Jesus when we wear our His Armor.
- Read the armor again and think about what God is teaching us to do when He says to "put on the full armor of God." Be sure to study the Daily Trail Blazer Devotions this week and so you can learn more!
- ©1999 Cherbear
- Full Armor of God three week series! Notes for the Teacher
Teen Bible Study Stand Firm With the Oak! pt 1
Teen Bible Study Stand Firm With the Oak! pt 3
Please ask for permission before using Cherbear's work by clicking here!
- This Week's Insights devotion for teens
- Daily Trail Blazer Devotions for pre teens
- Weekday devotions to go with this week's lesson!
- 1. Belt of Truth - Armor of Godliness
- 2. Shoes of Peace
- 3. Shield of Faith
- 4. Helmet of Salvation
- 5. Sword of the Spirit
There is another lesson God wants you to
learn about the way He helps us in times of trouble. It's important,
so come back in a week.